Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding Books on a Given Topic
KentLINK is the Libraries' online catalog for the libraries on all of the KSU campuses. It is the key finding tool for books, journals, videos, etc. OhioLINK is comparable, but provides access to university libraries statewide.
KentLINK is available through the Libraries' home page (http://www.kent.edu/library) or directly at http://kentlink.kent.edu.
Best approach : Search by keyword
- it will identify books with the keyword in TITLE
- also books that have a BOOK CHAPTER on that topic
Search example by keyword for "clinical pathways"
Other sources for finding books
If searching KentLINK or OhioLINK does not identify the book(s) you need, try these useful resources:
Contains records to over 100 million items in most (if not all) subject areas. Materials may include books, computer data files and programs, films, journal and magazine titles, newspapers, manuscripts, musical scores, and more. Not included are individual articles, stories, or book chapters. Updated daily.
Catalog of the National Library of Medicine.
- Doody's Core Titles
Doody's Core Titles presents a comprehensive list of core titles in 121 specialties in clinical medicine, basic science, nursing, allied health, and other health-related disciplines. A completely new edition is published each year. Access is limited to the Kent campus. When you click on this link, you will be directed to login with your Flashline login and then you will get the login information for connecting to Doody's.
Books from KentLINK and OhioLINK
This is a sample book record from KentLINK:
1. bibliographic information about the book.
2. location & call #: "Main" is the main library on the Kent campus.
3. status: if the book is available, you can go get it and check it out. If the book is not available, click on "OhioLINK" on the top tool bar on the KentLINK page to check for an available copy within the state. You can request any item through OhioLINK for delivery to a pick-up location of your choice or for delivery to your Kent campus dorm.
4. request: if the book is available, but you would like to have it delivered to a pick-up location of your choice or to your Kent campus dorm, click this button.
If the book is not available in KentLINK or OhioLINK...
If the needed book is not available through the KentLINK or OhioLINK catalogs, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan request to see if the University Libraries can borrow a copy for you from another library out-of-state. See here for information on submitting an interlibrary loan request.