Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ideas to Consider
PLAN FOR HOW YOU WILL IMPLEMENT ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATIONS FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
- Ensuring accessibility of your course is essential for students with disabilities.
- The most common academic accommodation is extended time for exams/quizzes.
- Ensure that all videos and multimedia used in your course (own videos and external sources) are correctly captioned.
- If you have students who require SAS Support for online content, contact the local SAS Services.
- Be willing to modify assignment due dates.
- Keep students informed about changes in testing and other special assignments so they have time to make arrangements with their SAS support. Some students may not have technology resources available at their homes and might have to schedule testing on campus.
PLAN FOR HOW YOU WILL IMPLEMENT TECHNOLOGY IN YOUR COURSE.
- Use existing tools and resources such as BlackBoard, Microsoft Teams, and KSU applications.
- Be patient with technical support staff. They are working to transfer and modify many courses at the same time. Be realistic with your requests.
- KSU DIrectory List of local IT Support Staff
If at any point you need assistance in the process, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email please include the CRN and name of your course.
Information Technology Knowledge Base
This link provides HELP articles related to Kent State's information technology resources. Quick articles on BlackBoard, software, hardware, and other applications is provided as a FAQ site.
Resources for Student Support